Kim FTM Phalloplasty
Conjoined Bilateral Pedicled Groin Flap Phalloplasty
Also known as Kim FTM Phalloplasty, this 3-stage procedure is a less expensive alternative to microsurgical phalloplasties that uses conjoined bilateral pedicled groin flaps.
The final penis size depends on the patient but averages just over 4 inches long by 1.75 inches wide. Scars are easily concealed by underwear or a swimsuit.
Patients can stand to urinate, and sexual intercourse with a partner is also possible. Erotic sensation and orgasm continues to be provided by the clitoris preserved at the base of the neophallus. Patients report tactile sensation in the bottom half of the penis.
Implantation of a malleable erectile prothesis is optional, but inflatable devices are not possible.
The procedure is named for its founder, Dr. Kim of Seoul, Korea. Dr. Kim studied extensively with Professor Sava Perovic MD PhD (now deceased), who was a critical figure in the advancement of FTM surgeries. Before Dr. Rados Djinovic joined the Sava Perovic Team, Dr. Kim was the surgeon who accompanied and supported Professor Perovic when he demonstrated FTM genital surgeries in other countries.
Surgery Stages (3 months apart)
- Stage One - Phalloplasty, Scrotoplasty, including testicular implants
- Stage Two - Penile Prothesis Implantation
- Stage Three - Vaginectomy, Urethroplasty
Total for all stages of Kim FTM Phalloplasty is approximately $23,000 USD.
- Stage One requires seven nights stay in hospital - approx. $10,000 USD
- Stage Two requires 3-4 nights in hospital - approx. $6,500 USD
- Stage Three requires 4-5 nights in hospital - approx. $6,500 USD
Surgeons offering Kim FTM Phalloplasty:
- Dr. Kim, Seoul, KR
- Dr. Ivan Enriquez, MX